Vermont Farmhouse Cheesecake
1 ¾ cups Middlebury Maple cracker crumbs
¼ cup walnuts (optional)
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ cup melted butter
2 8oz. Pkg. Cream cheese (softened)
¼ tsp. Salt
3 cups sour cream
3 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp pure maple extract (optional)
1 cup sugar or pure Grade B Vermont maple syrup
Preheat oven to 375º
- To prepare crust: in a medium bowl mix together the cracker crumbs, walnuts, if using, cinnamon and melted butter.
- Press on bottom and up 2/3 of sides of a 10-inch spring form pan. Set aside.
- To prepare filling: with a mixer beat together the cream cheese, salt, sour cream, beaten eggs, vanilla and maple extracts and sugar or syrup.
- Pour filling carefully into spring form pan.
- Place cheesecake on the middle oven rack with a cookie sheet on the rack below to catch any drips.
- Bake for 35 minutes and let cool.
- Refrigerate 4-5 hours before serving.
Garnish each slice with fresh whipped cream and a sprinkling of Vermont maple sugar!