12 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
6oz canned or smoked salmon (fresh salmon must be cooked)
2 tsps fresh lemon juice
1 tbl capers
1 cup whipping cream
Salt and pepper
- Puree first four ingredients in a food processor.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, whip cream to soft peaks and gently fold into Salmon mixture.
- Smooth top of mousse with a knife and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for four hours. The mousse may be prepared one day ahead.
- To serve garnish top of mousse with cucumber and lemon slices.
- Enjoy with Castleton Crackers, especially Rutland Rye!